If you have missing teeth because of tooth decay, periodontal disease, or an injury, dental implants can restore your smile. Unlike dentures or bridges, dental implants are fixed, replacement tooth roots. This means there’s no damage to existing healthy teeth and no hassle with daily removal.
Dental implants are often used for:
- Replacing single or multiple missing teeth
- Replacing an outdated bridge
- Stabilizing or eliminating a full or partial removable denture
Implants are a great long-term and cost-effective solution for replacing teeth, and they are made to look, feel and function like your natural teeth so you can eat and smile with comfort and confidence. Still not convinced? Following are some additional benefits.
Advantages of dental implants:
- Improve appearance and self-esteem
- Improve oral health
- Make eating and speaking easier
- Implants can’t get cavities
- Convenience – permanent solution so no mess with removal
- Durablility – strong, stable and long-lasting solution
So how does it work? Depending on your specific condition, Dr. Lenz will develop a comprehensive, individual treatment plan tailored to meet your needs. First, the implant is placed in the jawbone. Then, a healing period begins while the new implant attaches to the bone, which typically lasts 6-12 weeks. Finally, using our CEREC technology, a prosthetic crown is created and attached to the implant post during a single-day restoration. Follow-up care is completed at regular dental checkups and you can maintain your usual oral health routine at home.
If you have additional questions or are interested in a dental implant solution, give us a call or contact us.